The Microsoft Vancouver LEAP Program is an immersive, 6-8-month program that provides professional women in technology, the opportunity to re-enter the workplace after an extended absence. A successful candidate will be provided with mentorship and training/learning opportunities aimed at refreshing your coding/technical skills. Applicants must have been away from professional/paid work for a minimum of 12+ consecutive months.
The ideal candidate is looking to take up new challenges and ready to learn new technologies and approaches. As part of our teams, you will be exposed to many areas of engineering from design and architecture to coding, testing, deployment and operations, web apps and web services. You will have the opportunity to see the whole picture and build the experience end-to-end, contributing to the team via hands on coding and/or design.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or other equivalent degree.
- Professional work experience, including a minimum of 6-12 months of software development/hands on coding.
- Knowledge of an Object-Oriented Programming Languages (C++, C#, Java etc.) is ideal.
- Solution oriented with a strong sense of curiosity and a willingness to learn, share and improve.
Benefits of the LEAP Program:
- Paid contract with Microsoft for 6-8 months
- Business & Technical Training
- Participation in a ‘Buddy Program’
- 1:1s to support learning and development
- Participation in ‘Women in Technology’ events, forums/round tables
Applicants must also be located in Vancouver, BC and have a valid work authorization in Canada.
Apply: If you are interested in applying, complete the form here.